Research Associate - Protein Purification
Are you passionate about improving diabetes treatment? Are you meticulous in your work? Are you an innovative, team player? If so, then you will want to contact us! Thermalin is looking for a Research Associate – Protein Purification to join our team. In this role, you will assist in the purification, characterization and tracking of insulin analogs and precursors from microbial and synthetic sources.
Research Associate Responsibilities:
- Purify novel insulins and their precursors using established protocols
- Characterize novel insulins using reverse-phase (RP) analytical chromatography, mass spectrometry and various other biochemical methods
- Track molecule status
- Develop new purification schemes for insulin analogs
- Optimize procedures and protocols to improve yield, throughput and purity
- Record results accurately and meticulously, and report results in written and verbal format
- Perform analytical and preparative scale RP-HPLC purification
- Perform chromatography in column and batch mode including: HIC, SEC, IEX
Successful Research Associate Candidates Will Have:
- A BS or MS in Biochemistry or related science in addition to appropriate laboratory experience.
- 3 years’ experience post-graduation with a BS and 1 year experience post-graduation with an MS.
- Excellent “hands” in executing laboratory methods, particularly handling proteins.
- Experience handing proteins in solution.
- Experience with analytical and/or preparative scale chromatography
Successful Research Associate Candidates Will Be:
- Data driven decision-maker.
- Excellent project planner with strong time management abilities.
- Good listener. Strong, concise, and consistent written and oral communication.
- Meticulous and detail oriented, responsible & mature.
- Innovative thinker.
- Passionate, committed to excellence; driven to make projects and company succeed.
- Persistent/tenacious, proactive self-starter, thorough follow-up; problem solver.
- Collaborative; team player; sense of humor
· Relocation support provided
Comprehensive health insurance package
· Generous PTO
· Competitive salary
· Incentive stock options and bonus plan eligibility
· Company celebrations!
Thermalin is engineering new forms of insulin that will lower the burden of insulin use, increase patient adoption of and adherence to insulin therapy, improve patient lives and outcomes, and lower the cost of caring for people with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) or Type 2 Diabetes (T2D).
Founded in 2010 based on pioneering work by Dr. Michael Weiss on the structure and function of insulin analogues, Thermalin is overcoming the limitations of existing insulin products by re-engineering the insulin molecule to be more stable and to act more selectively. Thermalin’s formulations of these new molecules enable new delivery devices and systems that will transform lives.
Work Authorization Employment is contingent upon a successful background check. Thermalin Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Thermalin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.